Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Frost/Nixon (2008)

I had no idea this was going to be a mockumentary! That totally caught me by surprise...and despite my affectation for mocks, I felt like it was not the right decision for this movie. Unlike something like "District 9", this film didn't quite transition the documentary parts to the non-documentary parts too well. However, it's still impeccably written, so sharp and exciting. Nixon was portrayed so humanely that it was hard not to feel sorry for him. And the acting is phenomenal. I swear sparks were flying when Michael Sheen and Frank Langella were onscreen together! Yikes! And the supporting cast was fantastic as well...Rebecca Hall is always lovely and Sam Rockwell was stellar. So all in all, it's a thrilling and exciting movie that is brought down by its bizarre structure.

8/10

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar