Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

"It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic"

You know a film strikes a chord with people when you post a screen shot on FACEBOOK and multiple people comment by posting their favorite lines of dialogue.
That scenario occurred last night, when I posted a photo from "NAPOLEON DYNAMITE."

The death of a close friend's mother blackened my mood considerably, and I needed a small measure of laughter as medicine.

I chuckled throughout "Napoleon Dynamite," as I do every time I watch it. Just that little laughter helped.

Here are some of my favorite lines from the film:

"Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally." -- Napoleon Dynamite.

"I'm Rex, founder of the Rex Kwan Do self-defense system! After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man." -- Rex.

"I think it would be good to have some holy santos brought to the high school...to guard the hallway and to bring us good luck. El Santo Niño de Atocha is a good one. My Aunt Concha has seen him." -- Pedro.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar