Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Plants and Places

 We forgot to give Jan part of her gift at Christmas. When I saw those two hellebore plants sitting in the greenhouse last week, I said "Oh good!" We can go somewhere!

Last Friday we took a drive down the freeway, over the Narrows Bridge, to Jan's house in Gig Harbor.


We picked up Starbucks coffee and goodies near her house on the way and then sat in her house right on the sound, with wonderful views, and had a good visit. She is equally cautious about COVID exposure and it was good to be somewhere else than home or the grocery store. 

After we left her, I wanted to extend my "freedom" a bit more so we drove into the town of Gig Harbor and spent a little time walking along the harbor. 




I had no intention of jumping, but thanks for the warning. 

There was a time in its history when this harbor, now full if recreational water craft, was a busy fishing port. This old home and net shed is all that remains of the old days and ways. 



We arrived back home in time for a late lunch. It was good to get away.

The next day, Saturday, I planted my primroses. Tom helped me get the planters cleaned out. I filled the pots and then planted the rest along the path, between the primroses that have lived over and will bloom later.




All the while that we were working in this area we breathed in the heady fragrance of the several sarcococca plants we have in this front yard garden.

Our hellebores are slowly opening here too. 



 The fog has burned off now and the sun is shining. After lunch I'll go out and do a bit of yard work. But yes, I will know when to stop!









Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar