Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

DOUBLE TATE !!! ..........

Do you remember last Thursday week ? ..... the hottest day of the year so far ? Well, we went to Londinium, capital of England !!!


A lovely trip on the Thames clipper ..... get off at Bankside, 


A little walk past St Paul's Cathedral .....



..... a glimpse of The Shard in that beautiful clear blue sky { remember clear blue skies ? }


A walk through Paternoster Square and under Temple Bar, which was the principal ceremonial entrance to the City of London ..... commissioned by King Charles 11, Temple Bar was rebuilt after the Great Fire of London, by Sir Christopher Wren between 1669 and 1672. In 1878 it was dismantled, piece by piece, and re erected in Theobald's Park { near where I live .... many a couple parked up there for a bit of how's your father including me !!!! } and languished there until 2004 when it was returned to the City of London.

 Into Tate Modern .....

Took this photograph through the window of Tate Modern ..... I thought it looked like a painting itself !


Saw some fabulous modern art, some of the old favourites, Monet, Dali, Hockney 

BUT,






..... am I missing something with the above ? Maybe my arty blogging friend's can enlighten me ?


..... and this one that was made out of couscous ???? Maybe it's because I work better in bulgur wheat !!!! Am I a complete philistine ?


Anyway, back on the boat to Millbank and Tate Britain. 


A beautiful building 


..... and much art to peruse !!

Walked to a lovely Italian restaurant for dinner and then home. A great day out and we walked nearly 10 miles !!!!


XXXX











image 1: via kid rated, image 12: via tate, all other images via me.

Jackie

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar